Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do I try?

As I walked to the show to see what I got, I turned and saw my heart get crushed and punched all at the same time. I heard my picture had a ribbon on it. But before I saw which one, I saw the second place, and then the first place picture. I got third.

Here is the deal, if a picture is truly better than mine, truly better, than I have no problem getting third, I would be thrilled. But when I heard that there was only one judge and she was friends of the people, (ok, blood pressure starting to rise).

Much mucho thanks goes out to everyone and Steph Martin that plugged the event and went out and cheered for me, thankyou so much. I have awesome firends.

Here are the two pictures that I entered,



If you are thinking, Stephen is just being a jerk becasue he got third, the other pictures where better. Do this, take a white piece of paper, wet it, brun it, or do anything and it would be better. To tell the truth, a blank white sheet of paper would even be better than those two pictures

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the asphalt in front of Superior Dairy should be stamped over with grass (to make the center green more circular) But aside from that, it's a pretty amazing picture that should have won. Unfortunately POLITICS > ART in the competitive world. It doesn't take away from your artistry though, remember that.

Steph said...

I think your picture was not only way better than the others, it was the only creative one of the three! Our kids could take a picture of people sitting at a table, and there wasn't anything special about the tree and overgrown weeds in "light". Your carosel picture was a better black and white. I guess the "SOLD" sign means we weren't the only ones who thought it was a great picture!

Steph said...

In order to maintain a small town art center, you have to keep the small town donors happy. You will probably never get first due to this fact, but I did notice that your picture was the only one that sold! Let the people do the talking! This message is from Steph, the previous one is from Todd.

Anonymous said...

Steebo got jobbed again by the Kings Co. art establishment. I wonder if a legitimate win can ever be born from this incestuous relationship. Lyle

Tracy said...

So sorry that you were disappointed again, but maybe this will lead to something bigger and better. I love your pictures, Stephen. Don't get discouraged because you are really good at what you do!! :)