Sunday, January 02, 2011

The Parade of Religion


I haven't been to the Rose Parade in a couple years, and I decided to take my youth group. It was a fun time and everything happened like I thought it would. People got cold, tired, and had an amazing time. One thing that always intrigues me is the religious people that are there, And it seems like as the years go by, the more of them show up.


Now, I am not one to judge people on there religion, I myself am a Christian, but what makes me intrigued is the method that people use to minister to people. I just don't know how far these sign work. I tried to get pictures of this one guy held, and it read "God caused 9-11". Their were all faiths pulling out the stops last night, Christian Science was giving out free hot coco, Some kind of Budah Yoga was passing out flyers.



Now if you ask me if I had a problem with any of them, no......well there was one guy. He came up to my group and was passing out something, I asked him to stop and go to the next group. He keep passing thing out to my kids, and I asked him a little more direct to stop. He just looked up at me with a stare that said, I am going to do whatever I want. I looked at him again and told him a a loud angry stern voice, "I told you to stop and go." The sad thing was, the flyer was for some so called christian cult thing.

0 comments: