Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the coolest camper, Samantha



I have returned from beyond and back. It was amazing time and I had allot of fun and did allot of hard work.

Now you might be asking why this girl, Samantha, was the coolest camper and the first post about camp is her. The answer is simply, she believed me about Mike the fly elephant.

A little back story. The second week at camp I was the camp director and was giving a room with my own bathroom and shower I was loving it. Then Tuesday morning I woke up and went to the meeting to find out Samantha had a flu and need to be seperated from the others, so I had to give up my room. I was the camp director, I was very very mad that I was being treated like this.



Well the next day after sleeping in a tent and losing my bathroom, I was still upset. The boss told me I should go see Samantha and just let her know that I was thinking of my campers. So I did, and to shorten the story, after spending a little time, and making up a story that the other campers where riding Mike the flying elephant for rec time, I started to enjoy hanging out with her.




After spending most of the day with her, it came to surface, God was really working on my heart, I felt so bad that I had disliked her because she took my room. It made me think of the reason why I was there, to show and share Christ's love for these kids. Samantha had to leave three days early because of the flu. The best part of the two weeks there was Samantha making me give her a piggy back ride to the car so she could leave. I will admit, a tear almost fell watching her go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Isn't God awesome! :O)

Youthleadergina said...

I would have been sad too give up a bathroom...but super blessed if I was the one with the flu getting to do business in privacy. You rock. How sweet.