Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Family camp

This past weekend, I was able to go to Hartland Camp for my church's family camp. It was an amazing time. I was able to hang out with my parents, and awesome friends.





Question for all:

I am giving a beginners photography workshop this weekend, and I was wondering what you would want to learn at a workshop, or the things that you have problems with point and shoot digital cameras. If you are in the Central valley area, it is Satuday the 28th Of June, at 7 p.m. at Church in the basement (1208 L St, Reedly Ca.)

2 comments:

David said...

For beginners:

Wouldn't worry too much about manual exposure and all that. Rather focus on composition, taking pictures when the sun is in front of you (subject face in shadow, use flash, etc), lighting on faces, difference between soft and hard light, etc. Basics. I wouldn't focus on the technical too much because how many classes did it take for that to actually click with us?

Jonathan said...

Yo prof. thats really cool that you are doing this! David is a cool guy and right on the money. I would love to go but I have to go to Y camp. sad day, I mean who wants to go to camp at Catalina Island and relax in the sun all week long.