Monday, June 12, 2006

Strangers from Christ

One thing that I will always take from Brooks is that a friend will tell you it is a good picture, A true friend will tell you what they really think about the picture. For the past three months I have been working at Wal-mart, mostly because I was to lazy to find a better job. But because I am going to be camp counselor for two weeks in July and wal mart not giving me the time off, I will be leaving the job. Here is where the story come into play, last night I was working and a woman came into my lane ( I am a chasier) and she had a UCSB shirt on. SO I asked her about it and she told me that she works with the school. Here it comes, I told her I went To brooks, and she looked at me and said......."WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Hitting me with a tone of bricks. I can't tell you how long I have wanted someone to say that to me, everynone says,"hey its good that you got that job." I need someone to punch me in the stomach. I am a Brooks freaking Grad working at wal mart. F*&$ where did I go wrong. Don't worrry, I am not blaming it on any one, I know that the person is me. It is just easier to point fingers that to take the blame. So here is my plea, my Brookie firends, please keep punching me in the stomach. I need that push. It was so much easier when living with Blaine and David, photography was all around, but I guess the true test is what I do with my life, I have the skill, Well just a rant that I am to tired to spell check. It is just really cool, how the Lord uses complete starngers to get my mind back on track. Man, what did I just write.

2 comments:

David said...

Dude, it's kind of a fine line, you know? Punching someone in the stomach. How do you hit hard enough to make a difference, but not so hard that you kill? And then there's the whole thing about not removing the splinter from your brother's eye until you get the plank out of your own.

I don't think that just because you're a Brooks grad that you need to become rich and famous like Peter (jk, Pete). You don't even have to do photography for a living if you don't want to - I don't. But you have been well trained, and you have definite skill, and if you feel like you're wasting your time or your talents, then you probably are.

I'm glad you're not going to keep working at Wal-Mart. You are capable of much greater things. Working at that camp is a great idea - maybe it will give you some insight into what you should be doing long term.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are quiting. I am so glad that you are going to be a couselor at the camp. The Lord has great things for you Stephen. You just have to jump, and by quitting you are. Esler's right you can do whatever you want just have a little faith.

Take care and see ya soon!